Subject: [Leica] "Small Negatives, Big Prints"
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 00:26:13 -0600

Richard,

I can identify with your tire incident, though I learned early in life to
stomp on lug wrenches when necessary.

In 1967, after our second move in six months, we were renting a house while
our new house was under construction.  It was Spring, so there  was grass to
be cut.  While mowing the area where the kids played, I attempted to move an
old tractor tire that surrounded a sand pile.  It came with the house, and
appeared innocent enough.  When I bent and tried to lift one side, the pain
in my back was terrible.  What I didn't realize was that the tire was loaded
with sand, making it enormously heavy.

My doctor gave me a series of exercises that helped me recover, but, over
the years, it continues to flare up from time to time.  My days of heavy
lifting were over after that one episode.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA