Subject: [Leica] IMG:Misc. Unseen Older Pix
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:53:30 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>wrote:

>The last two really struck a cord with me--the boys running in the parking
>lot is simply a superb image, and the last one--been there, done that :-)

>Cheers,
>Nathan
=====================================================================================================================================================
Nathan, thanks for your comment.  I almost didn't put that running boys shot
in the gallery - I wasn't sure it was worth it.  I'm having fun finding
images that I shot years ago and forgot about.

As for motorcycles, I remember that in the sixties I used to ride with three
friends.  Three of us had (four-stroke) Hondas, and my friend Tom had a
Bridgestone two-stroke.  His bike was quicker than ours, but it seemed every
time we went out, we would spend time at the side of the road waiting for
Tom to clean his spark plugs so the ride could continue.  One time when I
was busy, Tom and his brother went to Chicago, where the Bridgestone broke
down.  They found a rope and Dennis towed him the 90 miles back with his
Super 90 (or at least that's what they told me).

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee