Subject: [Leica] How many pictures for 1-hour presentation?
From: manolito at videotron.ca (EPL)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:09:28 -0500

I'm totally with Rabiner on this one.

People aren't interested in really looking at a picture more than 10-30
seconds, but if there's a truly amazing story to be told related to the
picture, that 30 second interval is do-able.

So it depends on how good  a talker you are. Ask someone who will tell you
the truth. Don't judge that for yourself.

I am a bit of a raconteur so I sometimes stretch the per picture on-screen
time a little. It's gotta be like jazz syncopation, though, some longer,
some shorter, in an unpredictable pattern. And the pictures have to deserve
that extra time.

But pictures moving on at a good clip and that speak for themselves (one
being worth a thousand words) is a better idea.

In short, you can't easily have too many pictures, provided they are really
good pictures. Be ruthless about picture selection.

You can easily have too few pictures and very easily end up talking too
much.

My suggestion is that the old Kodak standard of an 80-slide Carrousel is a
good starting point. Practice and see if it works.

Save the tech talk for the Q&A and maybe return to a very few selected shots
for that.

Emanuel

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] How many pictures for 1-hour presentation?)