Subject: [Leica] How many pictures for 1-hour presentation?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 17:07:47 -0500

I think the trick is to keep them moving. Have them change on the slide
projector timer. Each one five or ten seconds. If you stop and talk about
one for more than 20 seconds you loose your audience. They just want you to
shut up and see the next one. They are sitting in a dark room. They want to
go home an watch their flat screen where they can have the lights on and go
to the bathroom a lot and raid  their own fridge.
50 minutes one every 5 seconds is 600 slides.
No you'd not want to do that.

Don't turn off the timer.
if there is lots of time left over and everyone is keyed up about hearing
the back story,

Have the Powerpoint show emulate in all ways a real projector slide show.
Not backgrounds. Black.
Real slide shows have title slides though.
And for heavens sake no nothing moves across the screen.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb