Subject: [Leica] Battery life indicator (M9)
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:20:11 +1000

Yes!
The M9 does give you a bit more information than the M8 but not THAT much
more ;-)
Battery level of course is only indicated/estimated as that bar graph
100%-75-50-25-10.
That being said in average use you would expect more than those 24 frames or
so from 40% indicated.
Some factors that will influence your (genuine) battery charge duration have
been mentioned by others.
Generally it takes a few cycles to achieve its full capacity. That does not
mean artificially discharge it, just normal use until battery low indicator
then recharge.
How often and for how long you use the LCD screen for review/editing
LCD settings including Monitor Brightness, Auto Review, Auto Power Off

AND the BIGGIE---Forgetting to switch the camera off on occasion will
guarantee a series of long exposures of the inside of your bag and zero
electrons when you pick it up quickly for that Pulitzer Prize winniing shot
of some once in a life time event like a UFO landing in your backyard or
Mark Rabiner praising the M8 ;-) ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman