Subject: [Leica] A short walk from my house/Exposures
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 00:25:01 -0800

A young acquaintance of mine suddenly got very gung ho about
photography. I gave him the standard lecture about depth of field and
wished him luck. He rapidly bought a pile of equipment and got going.
Some stuff he did showed real talent. We are both volunteers at the
Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA, and he did a bunch of
shots of artifacts that were remarkably good and were actually used
by the Museum in picture post cards and other publicity media. But
one afternoon he wanted to take photos of some of us in front of an
exhibit. I was appalled when one push of his shutter release resulted
in a cacophony of about ten shutter clicks.