Subject: [Leica] M9 not writing files
From: john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 11:52:30 +1300

> John, nothing to do with lens in use  or locked/not locked of course.
I know, just seemed odd that all the 35mm shots were absent ;-)

> I have some suggestions for you.
thanks

> Format card in your computer (this once to start with clean slate)
Not tried

> Ensure that you have latest firmware (*1.138*)
It is

> *Format SD Card* in camera
It was

> Ensure that you have a fast Card reader for your computer. They are
> very cheap.
It is, Lexar Pro

> After shooting import files into your computer using Lightroom
> preferably (or Bridge or whatever you are using there).
Using LR

> Do not cut and paste from the card
Why? Done that for years with CF cards

> Do not use a USB connection with the camera
Wouldn't dream of it ;-)

> Use the camera *Delete - All* function after you reinsert the card and
> after you have ensured that you have working copies on your computer.
Not needed so far

I realised at the time there was an issue, I went to review files when
nothing much was going on and saw I was missing a few minutes worth. I shoot
DNG+JPEG and there were no jpegs either.

thanks

john

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M9 not writing files)
Reply from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] IMG: heresy?)