Subject: [Leica] some with film --> Alan
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:37:37 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011  Lluis Ripoll <lluisripollquerol at gmail.com> wrote:

>Alan,

>Did you mind this cropping?

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/El_Raval/2010120140_2.jpg.html

>this was the previous one

>http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/El_Raval/2010120140w.jpg.html

>What do you think? Thank you very much for your comments, IMO is a big
>cropping and on a real enlarged print I guess will loss a lot of
>quality,

>Saludos
>Lluis
==========================================================================================================================================================
Yes, I like it - the new one is how I would crop it.  It just seems to
distill the situation better.  Don't worry too much over enlarging.  The
quality of a photo is in more than the graininess, or lack thereof; it's the
final impression of the subject and composition.  I think in my pictures I'm
always trying to exclude anything not contributing to the message, whether
at the moment of exposure, or in the final presentation.

Thanks for trying my suggestion.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee