Subject: [Leica] Mini MF Shoot Out
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 20:10:19 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Jayanand Govindaraj wrote (quoting the linked article):

"Will anyone flame me if I say the Leica is near perfect? You see, it kind
of is.  Put a 50mm  Summilux ASPH on an M9 on a tripod, focus carefully, and
*oh-my-gawd*. Aperture is largely irrelevant beyond depth of field."

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/2010_mini_medium_format_shoot_out.shtml
<<<

Not too surprising.  I get a similar *oh-my-gawd* response from others with
the best of the DMR + 280 APO files, and I also feel that aperture is
largely irrelevant beyond depth of field.  I'm not going to draw too many
conclusions about the Canon in this comparison.  A representative sample
can't possibly be that bad.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com