Subject: [Leica] Display Questions
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 07:19:25 +1000

That's fine Alan. I only mentioned specifics because you were asking for
comments on how your shots appear and the tonal values provide objective
information.
Simply put dark tones at that level would be rendered as plain black without
any detail, (Zone O in Ansell Speak) and would print that way too. That is
exactly what I would expect if you consciously made the shot significantly
darker and higher contrast for the web version. Not a comment on what you
intended, just trying to be helpful for your monitor rendering comparisons.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman