Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:19:55 -0500

Marty - The end result of the calibration process on a glossy-screen iMac
leaves whites a rather sickly gray-green in my experience.  From what I
learned from the people who make the Spyder there are reflections between
the actual front of the screen and the exterior glass, i.e., the sensor
really isn't right on the screen itself.  That leaves the sensor susceptible
to external light, too. I tried all kinds of tricks to minimize external
reflections, even to fully shrouding the screen in black cloth during the
calibration sequence, but nothing helped.  This was true even for brightness
settings well below maximum.

OTH, as I said, the manual internal calibrator works fine if you do the
calibration patiently and it leaves whutes looking, well, white.

If you know some way of making the calibrators work, I'd really like to know
what it is.

Thanks.

Regards,

Dick