Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 05:13:21 -0500

2011-01-21-02:07:20 Chris Crawford:
> I had one of the 17 inch NEC crt monitors too, loved it until it finally
> died. That's when I replaced it with the LCD I have now. The NEC lcd
> screens
> are really cool because they are self-calibrating (If you get it with the
> Spectraview software and colorimeter). The calibration happens in the
> monitor, not by adjusting the video card, the way all other screens are
> calibrated.

All other screens?  No, just all screens without internal lookup
tables adjustable to help profile them.  In other words, toy monitors.
Good monitors have 10- or 12-bit lookup tables which the calibration
software tweaks.  Good monitors like Eizo, who've been doing that for
years (in their serious graphics monitors).  "Only NEC", forsooth.

Here's the good stuff:

  http://www.eizo.com/global/products/coloredge/index.html

  http://www.eizo.com/global/products/coloredge/cg221/index.html

Replies: Reply from alal at poly.edu (A. Lal) ([Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions)