Subject: [Leica] My 35 ASPH Summilux rattles.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:10:27 -0500

2011-01-21-08:17:46 Vick Ko:
> My 35 ASPH Summilux rattles.

H'mm.  I never noticed it rattling, but I have to say I've probably
never held a lens up to my ear and given it a shake before today.

I just tried it with my new Summilux ASPH. FLE, and there's a gentle
whispering tick at apertures from 1.4 to 4.0.  Never would've noticed
it otherwise.  My 50/1.4 ASPH and 75/2.0 ASPH also make a tiny noise
when you shake 'em.

And I expect this is the last time I'll do that.

I assume it's all about having enough free space that the aperture
blades don't grind against each other when adjusted.

Does your aperture ring feel loose?  Did the box look as if it got
drop-kicked?

How do the pictures taken wih the lens look?

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] My 35 ASPH Summilux rattles.)