Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: os.penguin at gmail.com (Forrest Herr)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:42:32 -0600

>>BTW, how to you calibrate the Dell?

       I'm using the profile that came with the monitor, it's "good
enough" for my purposes.
In my experience with printing when I was a student, We did not have
hardware calibrated
monitors in our labs, But I was able to print with reasonable
confidence because my
prints were just slightly darker than what I was looking at on the monitor.

      The monitors themselves were miscellaneous Dell models of
various vintages , and were
generally consistent in regards to color reproduction.  Of course,
that was "good enough" for me.

       I just compared one of my prints that I made 2 years ago to how
it looks on my new monitor,
and I can say that while there are subtle differences, the differences
are within my my subjective
tolerances.

-Forrest

Message from os.penguin at gmail.com (Forrest Herr) ([Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions)