Subject: [Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think)
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 14:49:27 +0900

Ah, Spencer,

that's what I should do! Thanks! There are other Mac users at work, so
I will ask around if I can borrow a battery to try.

The 'pfzzt' sound when it switches off is very quiet, and I think is
just the hard drive being abruptly stopped and maybe other things
losing power immediately.  Not coming from the battery.

My Titanium powerbook battery is still going fine!

There's another odd problem with my MBP.  The letter 'p' and the Caps
Lock button almost never function.  very rarely, they do.  They are
not dirty.  On Mac forums, I noticed that other people have the same
problem with the same keys.  I tried resetting permissions, PRAM
reset, to no avail.  I always have to type the letter 'p' by using an
external keyboard only for that letter!

Best wishes,

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Macbook Pro battery question (I think))