Subject: [Leica] Leica M3 Purchase
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:37:53 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 1/5/11, Jim Shulman <jshul at comcast.net> wrote:
> And not a single one of those images
> disappeared with a hard disk crash,
> either.

If you've lost images in a HD crash, that's on you for not paying attention
to the long-known, well-covered, and inexpensive best practices.

I've never lost an image due to computer failure....  (Lost numerous copies
of them, but there were always others somewhere...)

The difference to me is that in the last year before I went digital for
paying work, I spent about $3000 on submission duplicates, shipping, etc. -
and I'm at the VERY small end of the scale.

Last week I bought a third backup drive - 2TB, enough for all of my archive
worth saving.  It should be good for a couple of years, at least.

With tax... $100.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...