Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Ross Lens Project
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 22:41:40 -0600

Hi Alan,

Thanks for looking, and for your comments.  I have one additional barrel
lens, probably for an 8x10, but I don't recall finding any markings.  Since
I am only using the center, for a 4/3 sensor, this 8-inch is about all I can
handle.

Ross has a rich history, and was quite capable, so I guess it is really no
surprise that the lens is sharp.  They had a long-standing working
arrangement with Zeiss.

Your camera is quite impressive, and the last portrait that you linked is
very impressive.  I have an old Pre-Anniversary Speed Graphic in the closet,
but don't think I could ever go back to developing film.]

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA