Subject: [Leica] Using ICC profiles with Epson printers
From: hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 21:30:23 -0500

Help! I got an Epson 3880 for Christmas, and one of the things I've done is
to download ICC profiles for some of the specialty Epson papers. The install
CD for the printer includes profiles for a variety of basic papers, but I
wanted to try some of their exotic fine-art stuff, of which I got a small
supply in sample packs that were being offered by Epson (with a 65% rebate!)

The profile installers ran, but I cannot find the profiles themselves, and
the "Pro3880.profiles" package in the HD >Library >Printers >EPSON
>InkjetPrinter >ICCProfiles folder does not contain them, although it does
contain the profiles that were copied from the install CD that came with the
printer. Moreover, when I go to print on one of these special papers, the
names of the papers for which I installed the additional profiles fail to
appear in the Media Type drop-down menu in the Print dialog box in addition
to those whose profiles are in the Pro3880.printers package. Surely they're
supposed to do this, or else how would the printer driver know to use the
right profile?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

?howard