Subject: [Leica] Color or Black and White?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 16:28:50 -0500

Its a great shot I sure don't care if its in  color or black and white and I
don't think it matters much.
If they cant afford color they'll just run it in black and white.  That's
the intellectual creative argument backdrop behind that. The bottom line.
Ten years from now after you'd decided its best in color you'll see it in
black and white and realize the opposite. Or visa versa. Then back again.

--------------------
Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb

> From: leo wesson <leowesson at gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 14:19:03 -0600
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Color or Black and White?
>
> So Mark...anything to say?
>
> Thanks!
> Leo Wesson
> 817.733.9157
> www.leowesson.com
>

> On Jan 1, 2011, at 14:16, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:
>
>> This image deserves better than to be caught into a Color or Black and
>> White
>> non controversy.
>> I'd suggest we aim our discussions at the images themselves.  After we're
>> done with them.
>>
>> Usually when its a " Color or Black and White" its a great way to get lots
>> of bandwidth on an image we'd not look twice at otherwise.
>> I vote we make a new years resolution to ease out of these very
>> elementary,
>> fundamental and simplistic approaches to photo criticism; and get back to
>> the images themselves.
>> Enough with the comparisons. Enough with the before and afters.
>> Craft an image and stand behind it.
>>
>> Rabs
>>

>> --------------------
>> Mark William Rabiner