Subject: [Leica] Golden Temple Again
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:56:42 +0100

Le 31 d?c. 10 ? 02:00, quantran101 a ?crit :

> I agree with Alan, I like this shot more than the vertical one. I
> feel that
> the vertical shot is too tight, this one is more balanced.  In the
> vertical
> shot the person is merged with the reflection, this one has better
> seperation between the two.
>
> I am guessing that when you press the shutter, you are
> looking/thinking/wanting to shoot the devotee, not the shrine.
> Plus, you
> title the pictures "Meditation", so the shot is about the devotee.
> It's not
> about the cloud/sky or the "golden" shrine; they are more of a
> distract than
> helping the shot.
> The golden color draws my eyes to the shrine.  I don't know if that
> is the
> intention here.

True when viewed small.
Not so true if seen large, my eye keeps coming back to the guy
(wandering in a picture is one of my delights in photography and in
graphic art in general), I know he's there and feel attracted . Of
course your opinion may vary.

Bien amicalement
Philippe