Subject: [Leica] B&W or Sepia
From: lrzeitlin at gmail.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 11:19:53 -0500

Lluis asks:

Of this one I present two versions, neutral and sepia toned, I would

appreciate your opinions about your preferences, thank you

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Colliure/L1016963BWS1w.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/luisrq/Colliure/L1016963bww.jpg.html
- - - - -
I'm glad to see that I share in the majority opinion this time. I prefer the
B&W version. The features are more distinct. The foreground shows better
detail and the contrast between the boat and the water lends snap. The photo
has an interesting composition that draws your eye right to the center. An
excellent picture. That's not to say that the sepia version is a dog, But
the toning left everything look a little muddy. Seen by itself it would be a
good picture. But the B&W version is clearly better in a side to side
comparison.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] B&W or Sepia)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] B&W or Sepia)