Subject: [Leica] Colliure some more
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 06:54:10 +0000

Hi Lluis,

I like all of the pictures that you have shown here.

I prefer the original picture of the girl on the bridge (6963), though
this has more to do with it having more shadow detail and a wider tonal
range.  However, if the two pictures had similar tonal ranges, it would
be a difficult call as the treatment does suit the scene.

In my view, 6965bww could do with little more work to bring out some
detail in the shadows on the right hand side of the picture.  It's just
a solid black mass at the moment and I'm sure there is more detail to be
had.

6866wse, the shot looking down the path works quite well, though if it
was mine, I would increase the contrast just a touch - say the
equivalent of half a grade in old multitone paper terms.

I'd also be inclined to give 6879 similar treatment.

Best wishes

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK