Subject: [Leica] Leica Users Group Yearbook 1969
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:41:28 -0500

I have one yearbook and it has a date on it.
1969
The year I graduated from High School. It was New Trier West, Northfield
Illinois.
The guy who did most of the photography in it was Marc Hauser
http://www.marchauserphoto.com/
He went on to become internationally known; but kept his home base in
Chicago. I emailed him once a few years ago.
One day in the rec room he showed me his camera, a Nikon and a few of his
lenes in his camera bag.
That was the first time I got a look at pro level camera stuff. And got a
tour of it.
I was using a Voigtl?nder Vito BL rangefinder with no rangefinder. And no
lens which came off. But not doing much shooting in public being a shy kinda
guy. I just shot landscapes way off somewhere. But by college I did stuff
for the Alumni Paper.
Our 1969 yearbook is much classier looking than most I've seen. Warm tone
printing on good paper. All black and white.
It made you not want to mark it up with stuff with a ball point.
Some of my high school pals are now pals again with the internet and all.

We also had a 1969 LP which was called "Soundtracks"
Always a guy with a tape recorder and fancy mikes....
http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2010/03/new-trier-west-high-school-soundtracks
-1969.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/2aztc6a