Subject: [Leica] Financial people in LUG
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 19:58:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm not active any more but somewhere around here I have some very fancy
(and quite expensive) pieces of paper or parchment or something that suggest
to the uninformed that I did at one time have some degree of competence in
the field...

And I gotta say that both gold and S2's are dependent for their value on the
existence of a functioning society and marketplace, as neither of them is of
particular use in the acquisition of food or shelter in the absence of
buyers, and of course they're not edible in and of themselves.

My stockpiles would be long-storage rations, water, heavy cloth, cooking
fuel, a couple of flint-and-steel fireboxes, several dozen butane lighters,
miscellaneous tools, firstaid and medical gear, and, of course, firearms,
ammunition, longbows and arrows, and a number of very well-crafted blades.

And, of course, many rolls of hp5 in 35mm and 120 for my non-battery
dependent cameras, plus packages of Xtol and water filtration kits.

And quite a lot of coffee.

But those things are expensive and take up a great deal of space which I
don't have, so instead I settled for a pretty good book on Maya history and
mathematics which points out that the world ISN'T going to end in 2012; it's
just that in their numerological system the calendar just flips to the next
age... kind of like Y2K but on a longer scale.

:>)

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...