Subject: [Leica] Advice on trip to Paris
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:12:54 +0100

Well, you've heard about the weather ...

When I'm going somewhere without a hotel in advance, I usually use
www.booking.com

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?sid=56596532ab37ab97fd8458459a409fc7;checkin_monthday=23;checkin_year_month=2010-12;checkout_monthday=8;checkout_year_month=2011-1;city=-1456928;class=3;class_interval=1;country=fr;hoteltag=15;radius=8;score_min=0;si=ai,co,ci,re,di;ss_all=0;

You can fiddle around with alternatives (chains, number of stars,
themes etc on the left).

It's not looking too, too bad at the moment:

http://www.yr.no/place/France/%C3%8Ele-de-France/Paris~2988507/long.html

I will say, though, that all flights between Gothenburg and Paris have
been cancelled. I think the same thing goes for all flights between
Schiphol (Amsterdam) and Paris.

At the moment, they are boarding from Amsterdam to Paris (de Gaulle)
and have been flying out all morning. But Brussels appears to be a
problem, as Heathrow and more or less all of Germany.

http://www.schiphol.com/index_uk.html

If I had a choice, I wouldn't do it. Walking around in Paris in a
winter rain is not fun. But on the other hand, if you're not put off
by winter rain, Paris is never wrong.

I'm worried abou the other way around. Ewa and I are flying out on
Christmas day, headed for Chicago (via Amsterdam). At the moment, it
feels a little touch and go.

Daniel