Subject: [Leica] Erwin and the S2; comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:46:10 -0500

To me its understandable the Nikon D3x is 24.5 mp and cost 8 grand at B&H.
The M9 cost 2 grand less and 6.5 less mp's at 18 Mp's.
I can understand it coming it a tad under the wire to the nikon as that's
what the specs would indicate. The Leica has a Kodak sensor its not as if
its made by the gnomes in Solms.
I'm sure the M9 will come out with a version any minute with an improved
sensor on all accounts. And I'm ok with Rochester NY.  And have whatever
nikon a run for its money if not blow it out of the water.
This is the first out full frame Leica digital.
I'm ok with it. They're on the right track. But its a first out.

But if the M9.5 is make of solid titanium I'd not be surprised and I'd be
delighted. Its solid unobtainium to me anyway at this point. Till I finish
learning CSS.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com