Subject: [Leica] The Astro Itinerary for the evening
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 02:57:14 -0500

Eastern standard time as in Indiana NY USA this is the deal:

Its 2:48 AM now Tuesday December 21st 2010
Seven minitues ago at 2:41 a total eclipse of the moon started.
But with added perks which come not every millennium.
In 25 minutes at 3:13 AM the moon will be at its fullest.
So right in the middle of a total eclipse the moon would have been its
fullest. That's gotta make for a heck of an eclipse.
On the darkest night of the year.
As at 6:38 PM not AM its the winter solstice.
And last time the full moon on a winter solstice Shakespeare was writing the
second draft to Hamlet.
And there was no eclipse.

so as soon as I finish typing this I'm  going out with my 300 4.5 on my new
D700 and see what I can see. Click what I can click.
There are lots of maniacs with long white canon lenes on this island.
Because of the very large birds we have here. Way up on the tops of trees
and making nests amongst the gargoyles on the sky scrapers.
So I may be dueling with them if they're out there with my black nikon lens.
With any luck I'll see a long Leica lens. I'm less familiar with them. they
have odd focal lengths. 280? 360?

No archive. Hold the Astroburgers.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography