Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale? S2
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:46:34 -0800 (PST)

--- On Sun, 12/19/10, Ken Carney <kcarney1 at cox.net> wrote:

> Great story.  It sounds like it was one of those
> things that worked great "on occasion" that we have all
> bought at one time or the other.  One Christmas I
> bought my wife a Jaguar XJ-6, one of the last ones with
> Lucas electrical.

Back a ways... 80 or 81, I think... there was a car show at Petit Jean
Mountain in Arkansas.... the Winthrop Rockefeller Museum.  They had a trophy
for the entrant with the best Electric Failure At a Bad Moment story.  The
trophy, which consisted of a neatly mounted and thoroughly blown-out
ignition coil, was known as the "Joseph Lucas, Prince of Darkness" award.

As I recall it was won by some unfortunate who arrived in a previously
immaculate Phantom Royce, pulling his erstwhile tow vehicle in the box
trailer - the electrics had gone out on the mountain climb.

Lucas, of course.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...