Subject: [Leica] Any chance there is a DMR out there for sale?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 01:00:05 -0500

People who want super huge super sharp files from a stock agency?!?!
I know there were more than one stock agency who specialized in film medium
format but I'm just guessing, Ted that medium format was a grain of sand in
a sand dune desert of the entire stock thing. But I don't know really by the
time I paid attention to stock it was too late.
My point is I'm not seeing an S2 as a stock camera...seems like overkill.
Was a Pentax 6x7 a stock camera? Just asking.
The thing is shooting 37.5 megapixel images, 7,500 x 5,000 pixies from side
to side!
The people who do use it for stock will be working in a nitch area.
A nitch within a nitch. A Frederic R Niche area.
It seems like an art director who needed a file that big of that quality
would be not be thinking of getting it pre shot. But actually go to the
trouble of hiring a photog to shoot it. That way they get to say they
directed it. And they have all this money they need to spend.....

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb