Subject: [Leica] Pictures from Wales
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 16:36:48 +0000 (GMT)

We visit often. My daughter did her PhD at the University of Wales at Bangor
dozen years ago. The Ocean Sciences school is in Menai Bridge. She liked it
so
much she is still there. She met her husband to be there, got married and
this
year had her son.
They moved from Menai Bridge to a village called Llangoed near the tip of
the
island (near Puffin Island) about a year ago. Walking the dog to the beach
from
her house is a joy, and the view over the straights to Snowdonia is stunning.
We considered moving there ourselves but the rest of my family are around
here.
I can recommend a visit.
Frank
PS the height and speed of the tide through the straights is spectacular too.