Subject: [Leica] IMG: Northern Israel border areas
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:41:00 +1030

This is geopolitical, but not in the way you might expect.  If the
Israelis, Syrians and Jordanese hadn't dammed, diverted, extracted and
strangled the Jordan almost dry, it would be a lot bigger than it
currently is.  Water is a valuable commodity in arid climates (where I
live is about as dry as this part of the middle east and I work with
water, so I am acutely aware of this) and it's rivers that always
suffer.

The photos are very nice, it's a beautiful area.

Marty