Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...(Now: LR Windows Too)
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 07:32:15 -0600

I will have an image open and click on the Develop module.  I will then
click on the Adjustment Brush and the display will dim momentarily, from (I
would guess) 80% to 100%, intermittently.  The same effect can occur (again,
intermittently but regularly enough to totally disrupt my workflow) when
using other controls such as exposure or other sliders.

>From reading and posting on the Adobe LR Forum it appears this is a known
problem.  Not widespread, but seen in some cases. It has been suggested that
upgrading to the v3.3 Release Candidate would solve it but that was no help.

I've happily used LR since v1.0 and this is a problem I have only seen
recently, with the installation of v3 and 3.2.  It seems to get worse as an
editing session goes longer and rebooting does not solve the problem.  Using
XP Pro SP3, Core2 2.4Ghz with 4GB RAM (but it only recognizes 3GB).

The computer is almost 4 years old and every now and then I think about
buying a new iMac but aside from the Windows software I need to use (and yes
I do have a Mac laptop and can use Parallels) I like having multiple
internal hard drives as opposed to a bunch of externals on my desk
attracting dust and dog hair.