Subject: [Leica] 2010 Yearbook NOW NEWSPHOTOGRAPHY.
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 17:40:39 -0800

kyle cassidy on the LUG offered:
>>Reporting news, photographing news, and videographing news are all very
>>different disciplines and the public isn't being served by asking one
>>person to do it all simply because there is now a small device capable of
>>everything.<<<<,

Hi Kyle,
You are absolutely correct! However no matter what is right or wrong it
matters not to the Publishers who make decisions without any concept of
being a photographer and what it entails in capturing the most story telling
moment in a still photo. Let alone three elements?

THERE CONCERNS??? There's always and only one! The dollar bottom-line and
what's in the bank! Whether their patrons like it or not! And the staff who
must perform three tasks for the price of one? It matters not to the brass
and the bean counter managers!

Do it or be gone!! However it's quite simply advancement in the digital era
and high speed super communications. Either move with the high speed new
world or be left behind dying thirsty in the street! No different than many
industries about the world who didn't move quickly with the times. I wont
mention any photo industry corporations. ;-)

Eventually there will be robots sent to the streets to take pictures! They
will be programmed from the photo department and an editor will be looking
at a screen through the "camera eyes" of the robot and a control stick for
the photo editor to manipulate direction and camera clicking. People think
not? They did say we'd never fly to the moon! remember? :-)

cheers,
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome)
Message from leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG) ([Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome)