Subject: [Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the LUG)
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 15:40:05 -0500

Some time in ... 1999 or 2000 I photographed an unexpected and somewhat
volatile interchange between two mayoral candidates. Realizing that I had
something special, I dropped the rest of the day, rushed home, processed the
film made a fast print and called the local paper and was told by the city
desk that they'd already gone to press with a digital image someone got in
an hour before me. I realized that day that film was over in terms of news
photography because the guy with the digital shot was always going to get
there before you and he'd be off at the next assignment beating you again
while you were developing. It's only going to get faster with wireless SD
cards sending everything back to the mother ship while the event's going
on....

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] 2010 Yearbook NOW NEWSPHOTOGRAPHY.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] 2010 Yearbook & Kodachrome)