Subject: [Leica] OT: Apple Mac gets grindingly slow...
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:19:45 -0500

Peter,

I don't think your Apple laptop can use an eSOTA drive. You would
need a special PCI interface port which you don't have. Your best bet
is to use Firewire 800 drives which are much faster then the USB
drive you are using now and you can daisy-chain multiple drives
together. I currently use 3 Firewire 800 drives from one port. If you
use the original USB port and not USB 2.0 it's extremely slow. I also
now use a USB 2.0 card reader and 16GB 60 MB/sec memory cards for
very fast data transfer to the computer. There are also 90 MB/sec
cards but they are really too expensive.

Good Luck
Len