Subject: [Leica] List members in Tokyo?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 14:00:37 -0500

I was in Tokyo for the first time in September, Nathan.  These places were
all recommended to me by my Japanese daughter-in-law:  Tokyo Tower (for the
views); Roppongi Hills (for excellent eating in about 30 different
restaurants and views from the highest point in the city); Shinjuku (for Map
Camera - it's full of Leica goodies in the basement; Nikons and Canons
upstairs), Akihabara (for Yodobashi Camera and the general 1970s Times
Square carnival atmosphere), and Harajaku (for the Meiji Shrine and a walk
along a trendy boulevard reminiscent of the Champs-Elysee).

There is also the Mori Art Gallery (modern art) at the top of the tallest
tower in Roppongi Hills that's worth a visit.

No tipping anywhere, ever, and practice your bowing - you're going to be
doing alot of it.

I stayed at the New Otani Hotel and I can recommend it unreservedly.

Have fun.

Regards,

Dick