Subject: [Leica] List members in Tokyo?
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 02:36:35 +0900

Hi, Nathan,

I recommend spending some time in Asakusa.  There is a famous shrine
with a large red gate there. The surrounding area is quite laid back,
with many simple food stores offering noodles and so on.  It's the
kind of place where taxi drivers eat lunch.  I think you can find some
nice hidden Tokyo scenes there.

Next, I suggest Harajuku as an area to see the interesting fashions of
the cute Tokyo teens and twenty-somethings.  Another area I recommend
is Meiji Koen (Meiji Park).  It can be amazingly peaceful there for a
a metropolitan park.  If you like parks, I also suggest Ueno Koen.
You can walk pleasantly there and even see some red squirrels.

As for the rest of it, Akihabara can sometimes be interesting, as can
be the Fish Market, but you shouldn't regret skipping those. The
Imperial Palace is very ho-hum in my opinion, and you might not see
much more than other tourists walking around taking photos of barren
trees and a palace behind a moat with a bridge in the middle.

I wish I could met you there, but I don't plan to be in Tokyo until
closer to New Year.

All the best,

Peter Cheyne