Subject: [Leica] 35 Summilux question
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 06:52:15 +1000

Phil is correct on the pre-aspherical Summilux of course.
Mark I think you may have confused some models when quoting Puts and Gandy
there.
For interest, that Erwin Puts PDF does not have the most recent models.
Actually he has said that he intends to release a new (limited print
run) Leica Compendium by year's end. You can download a free first chapter,
I think.

The newest 35 is superb. It is also extremely difficult to find at this
stage not to mention significantly more expensive again than the lens it
replaces. In fact now one of the top tier of 4 or 5 that cost more than the
rest of the range.The one that Phil is looking for sounds like a very
practical choice to me and you would be unlikely to lose much money if you
decided to move to the newest model in the future. Mark, aren't you the guy
that often tells us that your favourite Nikkors are inexpensive older
models?
Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman