Subject: [Leica] R Mid-Range Zooms
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:58:48 -0700

I know this may be heresy on the Leica list, and I am speaking without
experience here, because I do not use the R glass, or the Alpha machine.

But if you do not already have R glasses, unless you are convinced that R
glass is just so much better than Zeiss/Sony (or heck, Nikon or Canon, for
that matter), why not just use the vendor's glass?

You will get whatever automation that the camera affords, and that has to
worth a lot.

What I may do though, is to find one or two "holy grail" of R glass. I heard
the 100 macro is particularly stellar?

This of course does not apply if you already own the R lens or can get ones
at bargain basement prices etc.