Subject: [Leica] D700
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 00:44:45 -0400

Thanks!
This BS pontification about my camera is better than your camera or my
sensor is bigger than your sensor or whatnot smacks of
elementary-school arguments. "I'll go fight you out at the far end of
the baseball field" type crap. I'd love to open up my sailor's
vocabulary here but we're all civil on this list.

What one person chooses to shoot with is that person's choice. Doesn't
the image matter anymore? Well, if it was taken with a camera that
doesn't have X amount of square footage of recording medium,
apparently not, according to some. The choice of one person's gear is
not a personal attack on another person's choice of gear. That's why we
have companies that put out different products. If they were all the
same, there would be no point in competition. People use what they
like. Some photographers use tiny point & shoots, some use Nikon APS-C
cameras, some use FX cameras, some use Canon APS-C cameras, APS-H
cameras, or full-frame cameras. Some people use 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 6x12,
6x17. some use larger formats. With this kind of thinking, none of us
are serious unless we use a friggin' 20x24" polaroid, so all the
"miniature format" work we've all done is for naught.

Don't even bring up professionals because they use the tools they need
to get the job done and a whole range of formats is used, not just full
frame whatever.

This thread and the camera masturbation that has come from it is
absolutely ridiculous at this point. I'm guilty too of participating so
I'm going to make it a point to post a new photo every day, if it kills
me, and it won't.

Just let people shoot whatever size medium they want. If HCB were alive
& on this list when he retired would we have all taken up painting
because the medium weren't right?

Hopefully this thread dies soon or Ted tells us all to shut up &
shoot.

Just go make nice photos.

Phil Forrest