Subject: [Leica] D700 the on going non Leica thread
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 23:11:13 -0500 (CDT)

Chris,

Had a M3 years ago and hated it due to my big hands and the tiny shutter
dial.  My M8 is not as quiet as the M3, but infinitely quieter than the
DSLRs.  The D700 could be much quieter than it is, and still the D3 would be
quieter.  My R8/DMR is just as quiet as the D3, if not a tad better.  Either
way, if I do eventually have to make the change it will be to the D3, I can
live with the extra weight over the D700.

Cheers,
Gene