Subject: [Leica] D700
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:41:38 -0400

I've got my new camera. Its a D700. I'll stop beating you over the head with
it and go back to reading the manual and the magic lantern book. I get to go
full frame now and make a difference.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/101022_131939b.jpg.html
I do go way back with M's shooting thousands of rolls for 17 years. And also
LTM in the latter years. I've not forgotten what rangefinder shooting is all
about.
But to that have to say that a DSLR is not just an SLR with a D in front of
it; taking CMOS instead of film. It seems to be a bit more involved than
that. More capable. And its hard to put a real finger on what it is.
It has a Je ne sais pas quotient
The secret way to pass French in high school.

I did look up your shots Aram and couldn't find one taken with an M.  you
seem to be a die hard SLR shooter! Some nice shots I thought! All film!

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb