Subject: [Leica] Chris Williams in New York; Leicas are Stacked.
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil)
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:51:49 -0400

With the auto iso function, you have to shoot in aperture priority mode
when using the M8. I believe it's the same with the M9. In low light,
this just isn't an option or a preference sometimes, especially using
the M8 since the meter is very sensitive and letting the camera do its
own thing with crazy point light sources in the background can totally
botch the exposure. The M9 metering pattern is a broad oval while the
M8 is a relatively well-defined strip in the middle 1/5 of the frame.

Phil Forrest