Subject: [Leica] Well I went and did it
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:26:49 -0500

  I think you are thinking of my grandmother.  She was still
substituting when I was in High School, she was very strict.  My mom
taught elementary school, maybe you are remembering further back than
High School also.

You'll never believe it but the SHS football team no longer sucks.  They
actually won the state title a few years ago and are ranked 3rd now.

There was another, much more famous, photographer from our neck of the
woods, Don Rutledge, who went on to work for many years with the Baptist
Foreign mission board.  A super nice guy and excellent photographer.
Most famous work was probably "Black Like Me".  He and my mom were
classmates in Murfreesboro.

My range of gear aint as wide as Sonny's.  Started with Canon FD, then
Nikon, then Leica R. then EOS with Leica M, then digital EOS.  Once I
got the M's I never got rid of them.  I love those little cameras.  As
of now I have 2 6es a 5 and now the 9.

Harrison.

On 10/19/10 9:02 PM, Sonny Carter wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Mark Rabiner<mark at rabinergroup.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Have I got this right using an M9 you're just going to blend it but using
>> Canon or Nikon you're going to stand out?
>>
> Harrison and I  may be the only two Leica shooters who ever graduated from
> Smyrna High School.  He was in a class behind me, (really behind me)  but
> his Mom was a teacher at the school, if I recall.
>
> Smyrna Bulldogs; we both somehow grew up to shoot news, so we used what it
> took to get the job done.
>
> For me it  has been:
>
> Agfa
> Regula
> Pentax
> Nikon
> Leica  IIIf
> Auricon
> Mitchell
> Cinema Products-16
> Cinema Products-16R
> Ikegami
> RCA
> Sony
> Hasselblad
> Mamiya
> Canon
> Leica M4-2
> Minolta CLE
> Leica R3
> Leica M6
> Leica M7
> Leica CL
> Leica M8
>
> Maybe more
>
> You use what you need to get the picture.  Sometimes you use what you want.
>
> You can't always get what you want
> And if you try sometime you find
> You get what you need

NO ARCHIVE