Subject: [Leica] proper size for photo on the web
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:18:15 -0400

1200 is the magic number for me on the long side coincidently enough I've
done a lot of crunching with it set at that.
All feels right with the world when I hit the long side with a 1200.
I think its big enough to get the full effect of Leica glow. Or lack of.
My favorite photographers websites are not cinchy with their pic sizes and I
call 1200 not cinchy.
Its because our images as so famous no one would dare steal them.
Or so indelible.

Another thing I do more and more is just open the image with the raw adobe
cs5 filter at the smallest setting which is 1024 x 1530 if I did not crop
the blazes out of it which I almost always do.
If both of the dimensions go below 1000 I up the ante going to the higher
rez opening setting. I like at least one of my dimensions to be over 999.
Then I know they won't be asking for their money back.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com