Subject: [Leica] "Best" R-Series Lens
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 09:04:50 -0700

The best "R series Lens" is the proper one you are using for the assignment
you are shooting!  Quite simple really! And a no brainer!

However and unfortunately, I only have one R lens left " 280 2:8 with the
1.4X & 2x extenders, with shoulder brace and pistol grip. used with a Canon
adapter and they work extremely well together. Considering the great number
of R lenses I had accumulated given at times I would be using 3 motor driven
R bodies hanging off my body at times.

I suppose one should merely shrug their shoulders and accept the folly of
Leica not to move with the electronic times of the digital world to create a
camera that was of a reasonable price for the many Leica dedicated
followers. A shame  really, as my Leica's went through hell and back with me
over the years capturing some very nice life moments. And I'd still have
everything if times were different.

But I am not going to fall behind as Leica did and "whine about what they
did, are doing, and not doing! But move on through the use of adapters. Make
the best of what you have and if you find it's not working to your liking
through the use of adapters?

Then  really move on, bite your lip and scrunch yer gut and change to a
modern affordable digital camera that fits your hands and quality demands.
And definitely work well with your eyesight and pocket book!

Those who go on and on about why didn't they? What they could have done,
what they didn't do and all the normal thinking people common sense
questions by Leica owner folks, none of which  have absolutely one iota of
influence in the Leica boardroom! It comes down to.... "Either get in the
life boat and move on!" Or go down with the sinking ship whether you like it
or not. It's Leica's loss simply because they do not have the money to
maintain the production of  a camera 99.9% of people on this list can
actually afford..

Oh yes lots will bring up the S2 and how fantastic a machine it is... you
are right, no question. Had one in my hands, made exposures and if I were a
millionaire I'd have a couple. I'm not! :-( ERGO! My Canon's and near
constant use of the M8 capture very fine images and I fully expect Canon to
be around for some years to come,  even though Leica & myself are pushing up
daisies!

Oh I know I've heard all the rhetoric about back orders for M lenses and M
cameras, that is wonderful! But the dedicated R followers as many of us are
, it appears they've kissed us off like the vanishing Dodo bird! Then

Have a nice weekend! I'm going out for a quiet early Sunday morning walk
about and hopefully find something nice to photograph with my M8! :-)
Cheers,
Dr. ted

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] "Best" R-Series Lens)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] "Best" R-Series Lens)