Subject: [Leica] One Big Expensive Leica Lens
From: mark at (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 04:41:12 -0400

Will I'd think somebody could do the math and then they do and you're right
and I'm wrong I'll concede.
But my  money goes to Leica is going to have not a slightly more
magnification. But a lot more.
You read it here first.  Its in writing. Right here.
Prove me wrong I'll eat crow with Bosco.

Mark William Rabiner
mark at

> From: Frank Filippone <red735i at>
> Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 23:46:09 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] One Big Expensive Leica Lens
> Not quite correct... 1600 or 1700mm .... about the same FL and
> magnification.
> The difference is in the recorded angle of view....
> The Leica is set for 35mm, the Zeiss for 6x6.
> The angle of view on  the Leica lens is about half .... only because the
> Leica
> Film is recording the center of the image....
> Frank
>> Not sure how you interpreted what I wrote.  The Leica lens will
>> magnify more.  A lot more.
>> Marty

Replies: Reply from hlritter at (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] One Big Expensive Leica Lens)