Subject: [Leica] Flash use SCOTT
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2010 03:31:04 -0400

You get less attention when your flash goes off when there are throng of
people all shooting pictures with flash as is often the case. Most people
don't know or cant be bothered with ever turning their flashes off. Even
when shooting the empire state building from the Brooklyn bridge or visa
versa.
Also plenty of flash shots are done in the daylight. Its almost when you
need it the most. You really not notice them.
People see a camera the almost get confused with a flash doesn't go off.
A flash is not a flashbulb.
They go off in 20,000th of a second. Its not an atomic blue bulb explosion.
People don't notice them. They are not blinded by them.
Just a flash in the pan so to speak....

While  in the 80's flash use had a learning curve the units they've made of
over a decade have a default which gives you a subtle fill effect in most
situations. But now with digital when you look at the back of the camera you
know right off if you need to dial the flash down or up. Or dial up or down
your ambient exposure.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com