Subject: [Leica] IMG: South Australian wildlife
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:04:28 +1030

The rabbit problem is still very serious.  It's only in warmer drier
areas where it's still having an effect.  It seems that in cooler
wetter areas there is another low pathogenicity calicivirus that
immunises the rabbits against the pathogenic form.    One of my
students once called it "calypsovirus" and ever since I've thought of
rabbits in grass skirts playing tiny ukuleles to death.  Anyway . . .

>Can we talk about animals without eating them?

No.  What else are they good for, and why if they are not for eating
are they made of meat? (joke).

In Connecticut last month I could have done with a bow-and-arrow or
even a throwing knife.  The north east of the USA seems to be awash
with deer.  Better to eat them than to run them over and then leave
them to get smelly beside the road.

New Zealand possum is fine.  I am wearing socks today made from possum
fur-wool blend.

Marty