Subject: [Leica] DIY 6-bit coding problems
From: red735i at earthlink.net (red735i at earthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:57:11 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Rotational alignment is critical.

The overall best solution to your Canon 35 is the Chinese LTM-M adapter with
the coding divits.  $45 or so.....  Your existant Leica brand or most others
can notbe coded

I am a bit confused... your CV28 is M Mount?

For your 35 ASPH, see my comments about mount changing...cost is $50 each  (
leica charges $150 for a DIY lens mount, or $175 for the mount plus
installation)

I did also mean to ask about a backup camera, just in case......  On a once
in a lifetime trip, I would (and do) bring a backup body.  In the case of a
M8, I bring a film camera and a few (4-6) rolls of print film, just in case
my M8 goes south.  You could as well bring a (small) P+S digital.

As to your filter question.... go buy the required filters.  I got mine at
EBay, used.  B+W 486 filters are fine with the M8, and less costly than the
Leica originals.
The issue with filters is black polyester.

Have  a great time with the travel.....

Frank